The Statewide Internet Portal Authority (SIPA) recently signed a new contract with Colorado Interactive for Portal Integration services. The process began with a Request for Proposals being released June 19, 2013. By signing this contract SIPA has paved the way for governments across Colorado to continue to receive great services including modern websites and payment processing capabilities. It was a long process and a great deal of effort went into the negotiations to ensure that the agreement was beneficial to all involved, including new and existing customers. SIPA has been partnering with Colorado Interactive since 2004 and like any strong relationship it is built on trust, respect, and communication. This new agreement continues the great traditions that have been established and brings about key changes that will allow for greater accountability and improved customer service.
Some key highlights of this agreement, which becomes effective on May 1, 2014, include the following items:
- All websites going forward will have an analytical component so users can understand their web traffic and make adjustments according to quantitative data;
- All websites built on the Drupal Content Management System will have an availability of 99.9 percent;
- Pages housed within the portal will load within an average of 4 seconds;
- The Transaction Payment Engine shall average no more than 5 second transaction response times;
- 100 percent of Service Desk calls will be answered within three rings;
- Incidents prioritized as critical shall be logged within 15 minutes and a resolution or plan for resolution shall be delivered within 60 minutes. Updates to the partner must be provided every 90 minutes. Timetables exist for high, medium, and low incidents as well;
- All emails and voicemails left with the Contractor's Service Desk will be responded to within 2 business days;
- 95 percent of deliverables will be provided within 3 business days of the date identified in the project plan or task order;
- A business continuity and disaster recovery plan will be delivered annually to SIPA;
- Insurance related to breach notification is a requirement;
- Establishes competitive rates for key professional services resources including project managers, business analysts, application developers and others; and
- This agreement runs for 5 years with options to renew for another 4 years.
Over the next several months SIPA and Colorado Interactive will be working together to finalize report formats and work on the best way to get key information out to all of our customers. More communications related to the agreement and its terms and conditions will be posted on SIPA's social media outlets (Facebook & Twitter), this blog, our website, and directly to our customers. To stay in touch with the latest please consider checking these resources from time to time.
I am pleased with the new contract and most importantly I am honored to be able to continue these important services for over 270 state and local governments across Colorado. The number of governments that utilize services provided by SIPA continues to grow each and every year and I take continuing SIPA's commitment to them to be a top priority.